About this course
This Advanced Microsoft Excel 2016 training class is designed for students to gain the skills necessary to use pivot tables, audit and analyze worksheet data, utilize data tools, collaborate with others, and create and manage macros.
Module 1: Using Pivot Tables
This module explains how to use Pivot Tables.
- Creating Pivot Tables
- Inserting Slicers
- Working with Pivot Tables
- Inserting Pivot Charts
- More Pivot Table Functionality
Module 2: Auditing Worksheets
This module explains how to audit worksheets.
- Tracing Precedents
- Tracing Dependents
- Showing Formulas
Module 3: Data Tools
This module explains how to work with data tools.
- Converting Text to Columns
- Linking to External Data
- Controlling Calculation Options
- Data Validation
- Consolidating Data
- Goal Seek
Module 4: Working with Others
This module explains how to do various tasks associated with working with others in Excel.
- Protecting Worksheets and Workbooks
- Tracking Changes
- Marking a Workbook as Final
Module 5: Recording and Using Macros
This module explains how to record and use macros.
- Running Macros
- Editing Macros
- Adding Macros to the Quick Access Toolbar
Module 6: Random Useful Items
This module explains how to do some random useful tasks in Excel.
- Preparing a Workbook for Internationalization and Accessibility
- Importing and Exporting Files
Module 7: Microsoft Excel Features that Were New in 2013
This module explains how to use some new features that were new in 2013.
- Using Slicers to Filter Data
- Creating a PivotTable Timeline
- Creating a Standalone PivotChart
- Workspaces in Excel 2013
Module 8: Features New in 2016
This module explains how to some new features new in 2016.
- PivotTable Updates
- Ink Equations
- Multi-Select Option in Slicers
- Quick Shape Formatting
- Sharing with SharePoint or OneDrive