About this course
This Introduction to PowerPoint 2016 training class is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016. Students will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation. Students will format text on slides to enhance clarity and add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. Students will also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured form and then finalize a presentation.
Module 1: Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
This module explains how get started using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Starting Microsoft PowerPoint
- Normal View
- Creating a Presentation
- Saving a Document
- Importing a File
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Presentation
Module 2: The Ribbon
This module explains how to work with the Ribbon in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- The Ribbon
Module 3: The Quick Access Toolbar
This module explains how to work with the Quick Access toolbar in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding More Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
Module 4: The Backstage View (The File Menu)
This module explains how to work with the Backstage View in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Presentation
- New Presentation and Presentation Templates
- Presentation Properties
- Adding Your Name to a Microsoft PowerPoint
Module 5: Formatting Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations
This module explains how work with formatting features in Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Selecting a Slide Layout
- Adding text
- Adding Text from a Text File or Word Outline
- Editing Text
- Formatting Text
- Formatting Text as WordArt
- Creating Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Formatting Text Placeholders
- Adding Slides to a Presentation
- Arranging Slides
Module 6: Working with Images
This module explains how to work with images in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Adding Images to a Slide
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting Clip Art
- Capturing and Inserting a Snapshot
- Editing an Image
- Formatting Images
- Applying a Style and Cropping an Image
- Grouping and Ungrouping Images
- Arranging Images
- Adding Shapes
Module 7: Working with Tables and Charts
This module explains how to work with tables and charts in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Inserting a Table
- Formatting Tables
- Importing Tables from External Sources
- Inserting a Chart
- Formatting a Chart
- Importing Charts from External Sources